Dear expats and Dutchies,
Yesterday I came across this YouTube video by a Canadian expat who currently works and lives in The Netherlands. In her video, she compares Dutch work culture to Canadian work culture based on five different themes:
1. Birthdays (who treats whom?)
2. Promotions (we don’t like to talk about it...)
3. Working hours (strict hours or flexible hours?)
4. Coffee breaks (apparently we take A LOT of them!)
5. Honest feedback (is there such a thing as being TOO honest?)
I myself identify with four of the above themes (1, 2, 4 & 5) but am very happy with my flexible hours! Curious to hear how you guys experience Dutch work culture! Which points do you agree with and which themes are missing?